Class Schedule

Friday, October 16, 2015

Dôme Aux Marron

    Dôme Aux Marron



Dôme Aux Marron or Chestnut mousse cake an a components of hazelnut dacquoise , chestnut mousse and cover outside with chestnut cream to get a velvety texture then a fun dark chocolate spray to give a good looking cake ! . The shape should be a dome as a name but today I ran out of the cream so my cake wasn't look as much as dome but I  happy with it . It is interesting that normally don't like so much Chestnut but when it come to be a chestnut cream it's give a very nice favor and i kind of like it, especially the spike looking is remind me of Durian, fruit in Thailand . The cake texture crunchy a bit from dacquoise and a bit sweet and creamy of combination of mousse and cream was nice . I have to confess that I actually ate 2 plates of the cake in the demonstration room and don't know what to do with my weight now after come to the lesson 14:((. Anyway, chef demonstrated another dessert- Banquettes Aux Maroon which is very beautiful and I would love to make it as well. it is base form sweet pastry dough , filling with almond cream and topping with chestnut cream.

Banquettes Aux Maroon


No comments: